Recensioni
 last August. He began
 Nuovo Argomento  Rispondi all'Argomento
 Finestra di stampa

Autore Argomento precedente Argomento Argomento successivo  
jinshuiqian0713
Advanced Member

250 Messaggi
Inviato il 06/12/2019 :  03:28:39  Visualizza profilo  Rispondi includendo il Messaggio originale
ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- Texas Stars centre Dustin Jeffrey flew under the Abbotsford Heats radar, but hes sure to attract more attention in the future. The 26-year-old spoiled Abbotsfords annual morning school day game Tuesday as he scored his first two goals of the American Hockey League season to lift the Texas Stars over the Abbotsford Heat 3-1. Entering Tuesdays game, Jeffrey had just three assists in 33 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Dallas Stars and Texas Stars. "Its been a difficult year," he said. "To get these two goals is big. I thought Ive been playing pretty well, helping our team in different ways with the penalty kill and whatever they need, so to contribute this way at a 10:30 a.m. game is big." "Dustins a great hockey player," added teammate Brendan Ranford. "Hes been chugging a little bit of late trying to get that puck into the net a Hes been going hard to the net and a lot of bounces werent going in for him, but tonight they were." Jeffreys second goal proved to be the game winner. Ranford sped down the left side of the ice and dished the puck off to Jeffrey who buried it just under Joey MacDonalds blocker from the top of the left circle at 8:55 of the middle period. "(Jamie Oleksiak) made a great breakout play," said Jeffrey. "We ended up having a four on three rush. I just took a step back and let the guys charge the net, (Ranford) hit me with the pass and it went right through the screen." Brett Richie had a goal, while Ranford picked up two assists. Oleksiak and Scott Glennie each added an assist in the victory. "We knew it was going to battle," said Jeffrey. "We knew that for us to be successful we had to play a strong game and take our chances when they came." Jack Campbell stopped 23 shots in the win for Texas (34-16-8). "Campbell hasnt played in forever because of the injury hes been having," Ranford said. "Hes an exceptional goalie a Hes always square to the shooter and he played very well for us and thats what we need." Sven Baertschi had the lone goal for the Heat (33-19-6), who are now winless in their last five games. "I thought it was a great game from both sides," Baertschi said. "It was up and down, and great speed, too. It was a lot of fun to play today. We just couldnt put the puck in." MacDonald stopped 22 of 25 shots in the loss. Texas went 0-for-1 in on the power play while Abbotsford was 0-for-3. "In general, they were opportunistic," said Abbotsford head coach Troy Ward. "We had a couple of those chances, and we didnt score a They were just a little bit more opportunistic this morning." At 14:41 of the first period, MacDonald denied Texas forward Colton Sceviour when he stacked his pads to make a stop. Baertschi opened the scoring less than a minute later with a snap shot from the bottom of the right circle, beating Campbell high glove side. Jeffrey tied the game at 19:21 with his first goal of the season. Glennie found the puck down low and worked it behind the net to Ranford who found Jeffrey in front for the easy tap-in. "Glennie made a pretty good play to draw two of the defenders to him and that left Ranford open," explained Jeffrey. "He made a good play coming around the net and I just tried to create space in front of the net. He made a great play to find me and it basically went right off my stick." Brett Richie gave Texas a 3-1 lead at 10:29 of the third period on an unassisted breakaway, splitting two Heat defenders and going backhand high over a sprawling MacDonald. [url=https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/nike-nfl-jerseys-2020.html]Nike NFL Jerseys 2020[/url] . According to TSNs Farhan Lalji, Richardson is heading to Toronto for a physical and is expected to sign with the Argonauts. [url=https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/nike-nba-jerseys-2020.html]Nike NBA Jerseys 2020[/url] . "Right now were kind of looking at him at the end of the rotation right now," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Not indicative of how hes doing or how hes feeling. Its just, it seems like the spot we want him right now. https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/.com) - A pair of Eastern Conference rivals will meet on Saturday as D. [url=https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/]MLB Jerseys[/url] .During the week, McCoy told reporters he respected Hoyer for his intelligence, athleticism and how he conducts himself on and off the field. This wasnt an act, some attempt at psyching out Hoyer. [url=https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/]Authentic MLB Jerseys[/url] . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr.DUNEDIN, Florida - Melky Cabrera envisioned the worst-case scenario when he was diagnosed with having a benign tumour in his back. "I thought he was going to pass away, I was going to die, I was going to leave his kids behind and his family," said Cabrera through third base coach Luis Rivera, translating Spanish to English. "I know one day hes going to die but I wasnt ready to do that yet." It was a harsh dose of reality for Cabrera not long after turning 29 last August 11. It was a strange time. Finally, Cabrera had a proper diagnosis for the knee tendinitis and quadriceps inflammation that had sent him to the disabled list earlier in the season. But to that point, Cabrera couldnt understand why hed been rendered relatively immobile on the field. The tumour, which if left untreated would have continued to grow and could have ended up wrapping itself around Cabreras spinal cord causing paralysis, even death, was about the size of a walnut at the time it was surgically removed. The scar on Cabreras back is about five inches long and runs straight down the spinal column. "I was worried because of the way I was playing and the pain I was feeling in my legs and his back," Cabrera said through Rivera. "I didnt know what was wrong with me until I they decided to check. I found out, my family and myself, it was a tumour. They didnt know if it was benign or cancer and we were real worried." Once the stiches came out ten days after the surgery, Cabrera immediately began working out. He started slowly, capped at curls with 15 and 20-pound dumbbells. By December, Cabrera had moved his offseason home to Tampa. Teammate Jose Bautista lives in the area and the two began two-a-day workouts immediately, including cardio and weight training in the mornings and baseball related activities, namely hitting, in the afternoon. Cabrera is plenty motivated to have a bounce back season. Limited to 88 games last year, he posted a .279/.322/.360 slash line. He was coming off a 50-game suspension in 2012 for performance enhancing drug use. Now in the final year of the $16 million, two-year contract, Cabrera is playing for his next deal while trying to shake a shady past. In solid physical shape and moving better than he has in more than a year, Cabrera is reunited with his hitting coach from three seasons ago in Kansas City, Kevin Seitzer. "Im real happy that hes here," said Cabrera through Rivera. "Hes a real good hitting coach. He knows what kind of swing I have and he can work with me better." NAVARRO CATCHES BUEHRLE Asked before Fridays game if he could remember catching a pitcher who works as quickly as Mark Buehrle, Dioner Navarro didnt waste any time responding. "Nobody," he said. Navarro wouldnt offer a prediction of how things would go, which necessitated a follow up when he left the game after six innings. "On the positive side I dont have to do conditioning now," joked Navarro. "It was fun. I think hes still trying to build in as spring training goes along. I dont think he was throwing as hard as he can.dddddddddddd His mechanics looked fine. The ball was coming out fine. He likes to work fast, thats for sure." Buehrle threw two innings, allowing a run on two hits. He struck out one and walked one. "First thing I told him when we met, I said, Listen, I dont shake off, so I like the sign down and hope youve got a game plan back there, because I dont really go over one, I dont follow one, so I just kind of go off [the catchers signs]," said Buehrle. "Thats big for them to know the hitters and know what I like to throw in certain situations. So far, were just working on some stuff right now and getting his feedback on certain pitches that Im throwing, so its good." Buehrle sat in on a handful of advanced scouting meetings two years ago in Miami, at the request of then-Marlins pitching coach Randy St. Claire, but felt he wasnt benefitting from the information. Hed prefer if Navarro and pitching coach Pete Walker worked out the plan. Hell just throw the pitches, joking that if things go wrong it leaves the blame on the catcher. "We take the blame," said Navarro. "Hey, its been like that for 100 years. When somebody does good, good job. When something goes bad its the catchers fault. Ive got no shame on that. I take the blame. Its okay with me." IZTURIS ACCEPTING OF BACK UP ROLE As long as the regulars stay healthy, Maicer Izturis will find himself back in the role he had with the Angels. Hell play some second base, some shortstop and some third base and be a late-game option off the bench for manager John Gibbons. "Ive been in that situation before in Anaheim with Aybar and Howie Kendrick," said Izturis. "For me, Im coming in ready to help the team win. I just want to make the playoffs and win that thing. I think weve got everything here. We need to just compete." A 10-year veteran, Izturis also is serving as a mentor to Ryan Goins, who ended last season as the Jays second baseman and is expected to have the starting job when camp breaks. "Just be consistent, play good defense," said Izturis of his advice to Goins. "Hes got the same game that I do. Just play defense, move the runner, take some pitches, play for the team. Weve got a lot of players with power and speed. Thats what I try to tell him to help him understand his game." Izturis is fully healed following a season-ending ankle sprain late last August. He began running the bases and taking ground balls in November. LINDS BEARD GETTING ATTENTION Adam Linds goatee is being compared to the beard worn by former professional wrestler Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Shown a photo of Neidhart, Lind laughed and said, "Hes got a better tan." KRATZ DOES COMMERCIALS Check out these three commercials featuring new Blue Jays catcher Erik Kratz, done last year in Philadelphia for Godshalls Quality Meats. Some funny stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGOjaXfwdfg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bltl70SVyuU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oQi1uuq2xI ' ' '

Nuovo Argomento  Rispondi all'Argomento
 Finestra di stampa
Vai a:

Franco Califano Forum

© 2002 Franco Califano Fans Club

Vai in alto

Traduzione in Italiano: AlpiWeb Network Solutions